The Dirksen Derby Splitboard Race
New Dates: Spring 2022
(new dates will be announced in Sept. 2021)
Location: Axamer Lizum, Austria
Due to the global COVID-19 situation, we have decided to (once again) postpone The Dirksen Derby Splitboard Race at Axamer Lizum on March 2020.
We are sorry we won’t be riding together again this year. New race dates will be announced in September 2021 at DirksenDerby.com.
The Dirksen Derby Splitboard Race will include both Men’s and Women's Splitboard divisions for all ages and abilities. The race format will be one run “up and down” the course on Saturday plus one run “up and down” on Sunday for a combined final time.
There will be a maximum of 100 racers in the event (60 spots for Men & 40 spots for Women). Categories for Youth 17 and under are also available.
Although there are a lot of spots open for racers, registration for the event is mandatory. Register your slot here.
For more info email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes when each of the individual divisions are filled or on March 5th.
- No waiting list.
- First come, first served.
- No late registration at event.
- No refunds on registration fees.
The Dirksen Derby Splitboard Race format will include one splitboard run on Saturday and one splitboard run on Sunday for a Final combined time. Each racer must complete the entire Derby course on both days for a result. Fastest racer wins.
The “banked slalom style” course will be approximately 10-minutes long and will involve all aspects of splitboarding including up-hill touring & downhill snowboarding, as well as both change-overs. All racers must have a backpack for carrying their skins & poles. Ski poles are mandatory for uphill touring portions of the race, but snowboarding downhill with ski poles in your hands is strictly forbidden.
The event is Splitboard only (NO Approach skis or Snowshoes).
- Derby Elite Men (Splitboard Pro- All Ages)*
- Derby Elite Women (Splitboard Pro- All Ages)*
- Splitboard Men (18+ years old)
- Splitboard Women (18+ years old)
- Splitboard Youth – Boys (0-17 years old)
- Splitboard Youth – Girls (0-17 years old)
* You are requested to categorize yourself as pro for the Derby Elite category if you are a pro snowboarder; you are a professionally sponsored athlete, and/or you regularly compete on higher level national or international comps, you competed on higher level national or international comps. The organizer maintains the right to categorize riders accordingly.
@joshdirksen @patagoniaeurope @patagonia_snow